Les Amis de la Terre Belgique
From July 18th-24th, 80 young European and Scottish participants from the wide environmental and social justice network will join together for a week of skill-sharing, campaign learning and movement building in Scotland. We will be joining forces in organising this event with Friends of the Earth Scotland and Glasgow University Climate Action who are looking forward to meet us !
The YFoEE summer camp, which is organised in a different European country each year, will be held between the Angus Glens and the North Sea in Forfar. It will be a great opportunity for young people to get involved in climate justice activism, meet fellow activists from around Europe, and share about struggles and experiences from different regions. It will also be a great chance to learn more about Young Friends of the Earth and join their campaigns and projects.
The event will engage in many different themes that different YFoEE working groups are currently campaigning on and will comprise of extensive trainings on practical skills. Furthermore, as every year, participants will have an opportunity to engage with local community struggles, and this year we will be looking at extensive North Sea oil production in the local area and national ‘Fossil Free Scotland’ campaign.
There will also be an active daily programme, including fun outdoors activities and a ceilidh, leaving lots free time for your own imagination and ideas.
So Join Us in Scotland !
The week will include :
• Skill-sharing and extensive trainings on non-violent direct action, principles of climate and social justice, communications, campaigning and engaging, facilitation...
• Sharing our stories and experiences and linking local struggles to Global.
• Informational sessions on TTIP, Equity and Intersectionality, ‘Open Borders’, Fossil Free and other issues.
• Learning about local dirty energy struggles and positive solutions all around the world.
• Reflecting on intersectionality and privilege : ‘The Theatre of Oppressed’.
• Working to connect the climate justice movement to other social struggles.
• Meeting local communities and activists in the region fighting Fossil Free Future.
• Outdoor activities, like hiking, bonfires, etc.
Dates : 18th-24th July, 2016
Who : The summer camp is open to everyone in Young Friends of the Earth Europe/Friends of the Earth Europe Network and beyond including any social or environmental justice groups within Europe between ages of 18-30. Participants will be selected on the basis of their application form.
Deadline : 10th of June 2016
Application form can be found here : http://goo.gl/forms/WcrxTHLTSE
Please get in touch with Emma-Jayne (emma.geraghty chez foeeurope.org) if you have any inquiries.
Friends of the Earth Europe gratefully acknowledges financial assistance from the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe and the European Union. The European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe and the European Union cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information provided at this event or in the event materials.